Spring has sprung so get out and RUN!
There is sure to be a race distance for every ability!
What It Is
Kids on The Run offers these four distances:
- 100M Toddler Trot (ages 4 and younger)
- 2K Kids Marathon* (see below for Marathon details)
What It Includes
Participation prizes to all finishers of this non-competitive event:
- Special ribbons for all Toddler Trot and Half-Mile finishers!
- Medals for all One-Mile Finishers!
- Medals, Awards and Special Prizes for all Kids Marathon* (2K) Finishers!
- Refreshments for all Finishers!
*Run a Marathon*
It is not too late to train for and complete the Kids Marathon* Event (2K)!
Run one mile on each day of any 25 days between now and May 13th. Have your parents, coaches or teachers record your efforts on the Marathon Log. At the Kids on The Run event, run the 2K (1.2 Miles) to complete the Kids Marathon, for a total of 26.2 miles. Then receive your medal, special award and certificate at the Awards Ceremony after you run!
Where It Is
All events take place on the paved trails of Bohrer Park in the City of Gaithersburg. First race starts at 8:30 am. Children do not run on roads. There is a ‘rabbit’ runner who will lead the children in each event. There is a ‘sweeper’ who follows behind for each event insuring everyone makes it back to the finish line. There are multiple opportunities to see and cheer for the runners.
Bring the kids out for this very fun event!