Justification: To recognize one male and one female Montgomery County runners who have dramatically improved their race times compared to the prior year.
Qualification: A member of MCRRC and has not previously won this award.
- Any club member can nominate another club member for this award. Self-nominations are welcome.
- To encourage nominations, the MCRRC Awards Committee will publicize the award via the club website, publications, consultation with training program coaches, and word of mouth.
- Award criteria will include:
- % time improvements from the previous year in races run both years.
- % time improvement from the previous year in races of the same distance.
- Number of age group and/or lifetime PRs achieved during the year (if any).
- Range of competitive distances at which age group and/or lifetime PRs were achieved.
- MCRRC Awards Committee members may not vote for applicants who are related through family, coaching, or teaching relationships
Submit a Nomination
You may nominate yourself or another runner as most improved in one of two ways. First, you can use the online nomination form to nominate candidates
Or second, you can send an email to email@example.com to nominate a candidate. Minimally, an emailed nomination should include the nominee’s name, sex, email address, and confirmation that the nominee is an MCRRC member. Desirable information includes regular mailing address, phone number, and age.
Beyond that, please include in the email very specific information that supports your nomination. You can consider the award criteria in determining what is important to include (i.e., number of races, number of PR’s, best times of the year at various distances with comparison to best times at those distances in the prior year, and [ideally] time comparisons for races on the same course—for instance, best 8k of the year vs. best 8k of the prior year and Twilighter 8k vs. previous year Twilighter 8k).
Any questions about the nomination process may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominee is not required to run age group and/or lifetime PRs to win this award.
- MCRRC volunteer contributions.
Nominations will be due by December 10th each year. The MCRRC Awards Committee will vote at a meeting in January. The committee will select one male and one female Most Improved Runner based only on written information presented in the nomination form or the emailed nomination. In the event of a tie vote, the Awards Committee Chairman will determine the winner. Most Improved Runner award winners will be annually awarded a plaque or trophy at an MCRRC Awards Ceremony.